Bible Study Resources: 3rd – 5th Grade
I was raised in church. My dad was a pastor, my grandad was a pastor and I married a … professional musician … who was called to ministry…. so now I’m married to a pastor. We have a great children’s and youth ministry team at our church. I love the community and love that they share with our children while teaching them biblical truth. As homeschoolers, we include bible study as part of our lessons and daily devotionals. In our home, it’s important to educate our children to be able to articulate their faith in Jesus Christ clearly and with confidence. We focus on scripture and apologetics while studying how world history and church history intersect. And most importantly, how God interrupted history with the resurrection of Jesus. Bible study is more than nice stories of overcoming adversity. Learning what they believe and why through lessons on theology and faith.
Here’s some of the resources we use:
- This year, my 4th grader is reading through “I Am Yours” by Wynter Pitts.
- “The Attributes of God” (she read it last year but I’m having her read it again twice a week).
- She started “The Parables of the Messiah” last spring so we are continuing where she left off.
- Last year, she read through “Jesus Calling for Kids” … that I believe I bought originally for my older daughter when I was reading “Jesus Calling” myself.
- When my sons were in elementary school, they liked comic books so I bought the “Action Bible” devotional for them to read. I also recommend the “Action Bible”
Links to Amazon are affiliate links. Thank you for your support of me buying more books.